Monday, April 6, 2020

THEORY AND PLAN

My theory 

Words:
Art, Architecture, Nature


Theory: 
An artistic interpretation and mimicking of nature complement the essence, symmetry, and sustainability of the natural world and offers insight into the framework of natural movement and structural design. 



After selecting these words I decided to explore deeper into biomimicry. 

These are images I captured of trees around my house to further investigate their branches. As a result of this, I have identified these branches as having a similar form and structure of a bridge. 



Inspiration from Russell's Powerpoint

Guggenheim Museam by Frnk Ghery

Plan of Guggenheim Museum 


Hand drawn Plan of Guggenheim Museum

Plans in Section







1 comment:

  1. Great to see that you are observing and drawing inspiration from nature! I think there are a lot of similarities between the plan you selected and the warped branches of an old fig tree - this seems like a good relationship to explore. I look forwards to seeing your attempt at converting this into a 3D model.

    ReplyDelete