Tuesday, May 12, 2020

FOLLOWING NATURE

FOLLOWING NATURE

Leaves 

My idea came from the idea of leaves as a function of cover or shade from rain or sun. It provides a more closed space as the leaves cover over like a cloth over the tree trunks. I also took note of the sunlight that filtered through the leaves creating a striking effect and a beautiful use of natural light.




Here is my SketchUp model of leaves as a roof. I created it with spaces cut in it to allow sunlight to filter through. 




Trunk

I took the concept of a tree trunk of a tree as a function of stability and grounding and a way to hold up the branches. I utilized this concept in my design as a structural pole holding up the floor plan. 



Flowers 

Flowers have a fundamental function to plants and trees as they ensure reproduction. Flowers enable plants to reproduce, and their colours and shapes facilitate pollination, seed growth, and seed dispersal. Petals are also a form of protection of the nutrients inside the flowers. I found this concept of a flower blossoming unique and striking.


I tried to simulate this idea and I created a study pod where students can go study in a more quiet location. My movement within this is that the petals open and close like a door but also similar to their blossoming process


No comments:

Post a Comment